Default Retirement Age - 10 Things Employers Need to Know
Flexible Working most Valued Benefit by UK Workers
Oak sought a proactive HR partner that would drive the HR function forward with great skill, care and professionalism; and this is exactly what Advantage HR delivered. Georgie’s extensive HR knowledge and experience has built a stronger HR function within Oak for the benefit of our company and all of our employees. Having a forward thinking and reliable business partner in the HR area has allowed us to focus more on our core business and achieve better efficiencies all round.
Graham McCormack, Finance Director
Oak Trust (Guernsey) Limited
Cost Effective HR Solutions for all your HR Needs
Advantage HR is well aware of the day-to-day commercial pressures affecting businesses in the Channel Islands and the UK. We provide a range of bespoke solutions to managing your people effectively whether the business has 3 employees or 300, thus allowing managers to focus on their core activities.
Managing your employees properly takes time, effort and resources. It can also be very expensive if you get it wrong - a high staff turnover can disrupt the operation and efficiency of your business and force you to incur high recruitment fees. Effective HR management ensures you retain your employees and minimise or eradicate the possibility of your company facing the expense of an employment tribunal.
Many small and medium sized organisations either have either no human resources support or limited support. We can help to bridge this gap by working with you as your virtual Human Resources Department in one or a combination of the following ways.
We can provide delivery of one-off projects e.g. by developing new contracts or policies, managing change, assisting you with a recruitment or retention project or by providing our business start up package. Providing advice, guidance and training when you encounter new or difficult people issues eg grievances or dismissals. Providing a complete outsourced HR solution tailored to your business needs and including dedicated support in the form of either phone, email or onsite support, or a combination of these.
Advantages of Outsourcing?
Outsourcing the HR operation, whatever the size of your organisation, can offer great advantages, such as:
- Cost efficiencies
- Access to leading edge HR technology and techniques on a “as you need it” basis
- Access to up to date practice and expertise not available in-house
- Improved response to HR issues
- Risk reduction with the added protection of Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Managers formerly carrying out HR activites can be freed up to perform their "real" jobs
- Support for existing HR Personnel for major or complex projects
- Independent and objective assistance for sensitive people problems
These services can be provided to you on a Contract for Services basis or as part of a Retained Service Agreement:
Standard HR Access Service and HR Toolbox
• Access to an email and phone helpline and advice service for all your HR issues
• Standard Employee Handbook or a selection of Policies
• Regular Employment Newsletters
• Entry to our HR Toolbox members online area with HR Guides and other documentation
• The protection of Advantage HR's Professional Indemnity Insurance
• Two on-site consultancy visits per year included in the package
• Knowledge and peace of mind at the end of the phone or by email
Tailored HR Access Package
If you need to adapt the above package or require more than the standard package:
You define your needs and select the services you require. Start with the Standard HR Access Services and Toolbox then add from a range of other available services, or define your own.
Business Start-Up Package
If you’re starting a new business, getting everything you need organised to employ staff can be an expensive and daunting process. Let us give you all the essential elements to get you started:
• Employee Handbook
• Contract of Employment and Offer Letter Templates
• Disciplinary and Grievance Policies and Procedures
• Health & Safety Policy Statement
• Recruitment Guide plus letters and other documentation
• Induction Checklist
• 1 hour site visit to provide support and advice
• 1 month HR Access Service - phone and email